The NSA Virginia Speaker Academy is your on-ramp to your speaking business!
You might be an expert in your field, but new to professional speaking. You might be a veteran in your subject matter, but new to being an entrepreneur. You might even be an expert trainer, coach, author or consultant, but new to speaking professionally.
The truth is that there is no owner’s manual to follow, no master plan that you can duplicate, and no one way to make speaking work for you. However, there are key principles to learn, adapt and apply in a certain order, which can save you time, money and frustration.
That’s where the NSA Virginia Speaker Academy comes in.
The Speaker Academy is perfect when…
• You are new to professional speaking but not new as an expert in your field
• You are new as an entrepreneur but a veteran in your subject matter
• You are experienced as a trainer, coach, author or consultant but growing your speaking business
• It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the number of things to do and what order to do them in – for you.
• You keep getting stuck, frustrated, or offtrack on your own.
• You don’t have time to figure it all out by yourself.
• You learn best by working with others in a cohort rather than a remote setting.
This cohort learning system prepares you to gain confidence and insight into selecting or advancing ideas we’ve had forever. We learned so much about being a professional speaker.”
– Marva Boatman, Class of 2017
Here’s what you get…
• Ten learning sessions from September 2017 to June 2018
• Local speakers and trainers enriched by national speakers, mentors, and role models
• Three in-person half-day workshops* (one of these a practice Showcase), six evening live-led video conferences with pre-work, and one
final Showcase presentations with feedback
• Local mentors who get to know you, be your sounding board, offer their experiences, and help you brainstorm ideas
• Waived chapter meeting fees during your learning experience and cohort debriefing opportunities after each one
The Academy presented a golden opportunity for me to take what I have been doing for someone else and make it on my own, with plentiful emotional support along with the academic support.”
– Pat Duggan, Class of 2017
Overall Speaker Academy Outline
Your cohort group (limited to 12) will experience a newly adapted approach that balances time, talent and technology to give you a fast start with local resources supported by nationwide talent in a 10-month period.
Phase 1: Topic and Platform
Phase 2: Business Structure
Phase 3: Sales and Marketing
Phase 4: Capstone Event
The investment is $1299 ($1199 if paid by October 31, 2017). This includes $603 worth of chapter meetings, $50 worth of materials, $45 worth of workshop lunches, and over $1000 worth of coaching, mentoring, and feedback!
Hold Your Space Today!
The next Speaker Academy starts January 2018. To reserve your space is only $75
For more information download this handy NSA VA Speaker Academy 2018 One sheet.
To reserve your space, contact NSA Virginia Speaker Academy Dean Tom Davidson, CSP at 804-339-4653 or firstname.lastname@example.org