Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Jessica Pettitt’s “Punch It Up! How to Add Humor, Interaction & Flexibility to Any Program”

May 17 @ 8:15 am - 3:30 pm EDT

2 Amazing Workshops to
Punch Up Your Presentations & Platform!

Fri, May 17, 2019

Stratford University
11104 W. Broad Street
Glen Allen, VA 23060

 

Punch It Up! How to Add Humor, Interaction & Flexibility to Any Program

Morning Workshop: 8:15 am – 12 pm

98% of people love it when you add humor to your presentation, training, keynote, or just about whenever you open your mouth. The remaining 2% you don’t want there!

Whether you have a practiced keynote or logged miles on your Fitbit facilitating workshops, you can always punch up your content with humor to leave a lasting impression, to create raving fans, and to make sure your check clears.

After speaking for over a decade as the “Margaret Cho” of Diversity Training, Jessica Pettitt, CSP, now travels from chapter to chapter to give back to NSA by sharing her mistakes and accidental smart choices.

In this session with the funny, irreverent, tell-it-like-it-is Jessica Pettitt, you will laugh while you learn:

  • Where to add a joke or humorous comment in just the right spot to pull together your message and leave a lasting learning moment for your audiences
  • How to think outside the box in order to add interactive humor to your presentations, to conversations with event planners, and even in “off the clock” dinners
  • How to use humor to laugh off a sudden change by your client that requires to you to shift your message’s delivery by time, format, room setup, or even the number of participants
  • Answers to YOUR questions. Jessica is an open book. Be careful what you ask her, she will answer it!

PLUS, GET PERSONAL FEEDBACK!

Register and send a link to full-length unedited video of YOUR presentation by April 29 and Jessica will review it and share her personal ideas to “punch it up” LIVE at the morning workshop! This is a priceless opportunity to get super valuable ideas from a gal who bravely stepped onto the comedy stages of New York City.

 

Do YOU!

Afternoon Lunch + Workshop: 12:30 – 3:30 pm

Jessica Pettitt asks, “Do you know what differentiates you from other speakers or trainers in your topic area? Do you really?”

Don’t spend money or time building something new, when what you already have going for you, someone else already wishes they could access. Doing the best you can with what you have some of the time is far more effective and will separate you from the pack.

In this highly interactive, high energy, humorous afternoon where NO question is off limits, Jessica will lead you through exercises so you can:

  • Know how to lean on what makes you YOU and not THEM.
  • Clearly identify your points of distinction
  • Grow your influence in your niche market
  • Develop executable tangible projects to collaborate on and contribute to your area of expertise

NOTE: Lunch will include an assortment of sandwiches, salad, desserts and beverages by Panera Bread.

Big thanks to our sponsors:

     

Venue

Stratford University
11104 W Broad St
Glen Allen, VA 23060 United States

Organizer

NSA Virginia
Email:
admin@nsavirginia.org
Website:
www.nsavirginia.org